Who doesn’t love Mango?
Mango pie is quick and easy dessert for any parties. Follow this simple recipe and surprise your guests.
1 cup – Graham crackers Crumbs
1/3 cup – melted unsalted butter
14oz – Condensed milk
1/4 cup – Heavy cream or
1/4 cup -Agar agar strip or
1 tablespoon Agar Agar powder
250ml – water
2/3 cup – Mango purée
Soak the Agar agar strip /powder in 250 ml of water for 15 minutes.
Pie crust – in a bowl, mix crumbs and melted butter.Spread and press on a 6 – inch foil pie pan, even to the sides.
Bake at 350 degree Fahrenheits for 6 to 8minutes.
Filling – in a medium sized bowl, mix condensed milk and whipped cream.
At medium heat,Bring the Agar Agar to boil along with water. In 15 minutes, Agar Agar will completely dissolves .switch off the stove and when it’s still warm add mango purée and mix.(Agar Agar soon turn into jelly at room temperature, mix mango purée quickly)
Now add it to condensed milk and whipped cream .(you can blend all mixture into smooth paste in blender.)
Mix and pour it to prepared pie crust.
Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight .
Mango pie is ready!!
– can use store bought pie crust or grind some graham crackers into fine powder to make crust out of it.
– If you are using heavy cream then beat it with hand mixer until it forms soft peaks and turns into whipped cream.
– Agar Agar is a jelly like substance which give jelly ness to your pie.Also,a vegetarian substitute for gelatin.
– can use purée from fresh mango(add sugar if required) or canned mango purée (I got it from Indian store)
– Agar agar can be found in Asian stores.buy flavorless Agar Agar powder.
– If you are using gelatin, above recipe requires one Teaspoon of gelatin powder.
2 thoughts on “Mango Pie ”
can we replace the mango with another???
LikeLiked by 1 person
you can just add fruits like banana,apple